A quick post this week. It’s about 6:30 p.m. and a warm tropical downpour is washing everything in white noise. Kristen just made an amazing chicken rice soup with lime and I accidently over poured the hot sauce into my bowl. It made for an odd Latin Pho flavor, good stuff though.
Tyce threw up yesterday and has been running a low-grade fever since so we didn’t take the bus into church today. It’s a serious trek that isn’t worth the risk. Thankfully, a day of rest has him showing signs of improvement.
I discovered that Sunday is a great day to do field recording. Maybe everyone is hung over from Saturday night, sleeping in, or quietly listening to sermons and wishing they didn’t have to work tomorrow. Either way, it was extra quiet today and I was able to capture some great rain sounds, the sound of a machete being thrown into the ground, and some wild bird calls. Before coming here I bought a Sennheiser 416 shotgun microphone to beef up my field-recording rig. It’s a Hollywood-grade microphone like the kind you see hanging from the end of long poles over the heads of actors. It has been a blast to work with. I hope to return to the states with a hard drive full of new sound effects and field recordings. In the meantime I’m using the gear to work a SFX gig.
Kristen has a post covering the other happenings of the week, so I’ll sign off for now.
That's so cool that you are doing the field recordings. What a cool place to do that. What kind of recorder do you use? -Rocket
ReplyDelete